Sunday, August 22, 2010

A trip to the creek for a swim

 I took the goats for a walk today in the woods. They got in the back of my Volvo- I have it set up with a tarp in the back to protect the seats. Dorje and Willow were in the front seat. I lured the goats in the back with food and off we went. A few minutes later, I looked to my right and there was Violet climbing over the tarp barrier into the front seat with Dorje and Willow-

We got to the woods (5 minutes away), and everyone jumped out and headed down the trail. It was really early, so there was no one and no dogs around. The goats followed Willow; and I followed with Dorje on the leash, keeping her from lunging at them. (She loves to play with Violet).

After some time, we headed for the swimming hole. I tied Dorje up, and jumped in. Suddenly I heard loud BAAAAING. Both Violet and Lilly had jumped in the creek to follow me. They had never seen a creek before and thought they could walk on it.

We all swam to shore and I helped them up the steep, slippery, bank. They shook themselves off and followed me back to the car. Did you know that goats can swim?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: